Taking CELTA is your ticket to the English teaching world, both internationally and in the UK. Whether you are looking for short-term teaching opportunities or making a permanent career change, the CELTA qualification is now required by the majority of reputable colleges and training centres.
Previous CELTA graduates have gone on to work in numerous fields, including language teaching in the UK or overseas, student services, sales and marketing, academic management, examining, materials design and teacher training. If you have a passion for English language teaching and are keen to develop your skills, the opportunities in the field are endless.
During the CELTA course at Basil Paterson, we offer a session dedicated to job hunting and employment opportunities. We work closely with a number of small and large organisations who hire CELTA graduates, so can put you in touch with recruiters. You will also hear inspirational stories from our trainers, who have taught and trained all over the world, giving you a better idea of where the CELTA can lead.
Free Taster Evenings
If you are considering teaching English language overseas and want to know more about job opportunities in the field, why not come along to one of our free taster evenings?
We have spaces available for our taster evenings on 28th June, 2nd August and 1st November, all 6-9pm. If you’d like to come, just drop us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Websites for use in job searches
- To work in the UK, The Guardian is a good place to start
- tefl.com has numerous vacancies in the UK and overseas
- Dave’s ESL cafe is a popular site for international teaching positions
- British Council offers roles in the UK or abroad
- More locally, Satefl.co.uk is a good site for teaching opportunities and resources for continuous professional development
- For university roles and info, try jobs.ac.uk
- Find examining and invigilation opportunities with IELTS or Cambridge
- Finally, there are always publishers! Macmillan, Pearson, Cengage, to name but a few
- And don’t forget IATEFL
Course fees include:
- All course materials and self-study resources
- IT facilities and WiFi access
- Individual report at the end of your course
- Support from dedicated tutors
- Assurance that course meets Cambridge standards
I really appreciated the input from both trainers. Both were remarkably patient and approachable. Before taking I was unsure whether this career could be for me, but they have inspired me to really give English language teaching a go.”