Once you have been interviewed and accepted, we will send you a pre-course task to complete. The task helps develop your language awareness, knowledge of key terminology and familiarity with the structure and content of the course.
We will also send you a recommended reading list. It is not necessary to do extensive reading before the course starts, but we recommend you buy two books; one on English language teaching methodology and one grammar reference book. These will be useful for self-study and lesson preparation during the course and out in the real world of teaching. These books are widely available but can also be ordered through Basil Paterson.
Remember that we are always available to help with any questions and concerns. If you forget to ask something at interview stage, please drop us an email or give us a call.
Weekend Grammar Workshops
If you’re worried about gaps in your knowledge of English grammar and terminology, we also offer weekend grammar workshops for recently-qualified English language teachers or trainees planning to do the CELTA.
Our next available dates for the weekend grammar workshop are 5th & 6th August 2017. For more information on how to book, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Interview and application checklist
- Have you answered the application questions as fully as possible?
- Have your spell checked your work? Is your writing legible?
- Have you prepared a 5 minute micro lesson ? This micro lesson can be on any topic – we’ve been taught cross stitch, basic guitar, how to complete a cryptic crossword, relaxation techniques, among others.
- Have you provided copies of your previous qualifications and ID?
Course fees include:
- All course materials and self-study resources
- IT facilities and WiFi access
- Individual report at the end of your course
- Support from dedicated tutors
- Assurance that course meets Cambridge standards
I think BP is a very well established and prestigious college where I felt very happy to have studied. I will not hesitate to recommend this college to anyone who’s interested in doing CELTA!”