Your ticket to teaching English overseas
Basil Paterson provides initial training for those planning to teach English language overseas or in the UK (CELTA). We also provide bespoke courses for qualified teachers who would like to refresh their knowledge and skills. For those studying at diploma level, our exam centre offers the DELTA Module 1 written exam.
The Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults, or CELTA, is a qualification for proficient English speakers planning to teach English as a foreign language. The certificate is specifically designed for those with little or no previous teaching experience. Awarded by Cambridge ESOL, CELTA is one of the few internationally recognised English language teaching qualifications.
Free Taster Evenings
If you are considering teaching English language overseas and want to know more, why not come along to one of our free taster evenings? You will learn about teaching opportunities overseas, the CELTA course and get a sense of what a typical day on the course is like.
We have spaces available for our taster evening on 1st November 6-9pm. If you’d like to come, just drop us an email on email@example.com
Why choose Basil Paterson?
- Experience – Basil Paterson is the longest established centre for CELTA in Scotland, having run the courses for 30+ years and helping hundreds of trainees to graduate
- Expertise – tutors have extensive experience of teaching English, both in the UK and overseas
- Support – dedicated tutors provide guidance and feedback every step of the way
- Intensive – 4-week full-time course, covering all aspects of theory and practice
- Facilities – library, study centre, IT, wifi and photocopying available
- Convenience – the school is located just a 15-minute walk from the nearest bus and train stations
- Opportunities – help and support in looking for employment overseas
- Possible seasonal opportunities upon graduation in our teaching team
Course fees include:
- All course materials and self-study resources
- IT facilities and WiFi
- Individual report at the end of your course
- Access to Social Programme activities and events