Beyond the classroom
At Basil Paterson we believe that your learning should continue outside the classroom. We organise a varied social programme to complement your studies.
Enjoy the views from the top of Arthur’s Seat, learn about Scottish history at Edinburgh Castle, take a relaxing walk around the Royal Botanic Gardens and get some exercise with traditional Scottish dancing. We offer something for everyone.
We organise 8 activities per week during the summer months and 4 activities per week during the winter months. A walking tour of the city centre is organised for all new students on their first day.
Visit our Facebook page for photos of recent activities.
- See the beauty of Scotland’s capital
- A chance to practice your English in a more relaxed and informal setting.
- Visit places popular with Edinburgh locals
- Range of free and low-cost activities.
- A variety of activities to suit all ages and interests.
- At least 4 activities per week.
Sample Social Programme
|MON||City walking tour (free)|
|TUE||Scottish Ceilidh dancing (about £6)|
|WED||Storytelling evening (about £6)|
|THU||Scottish Gallery of Modern Art (free)|
|FRI||Folk music at local pub (free)|
|SAT||Day or weekend trip to the Highlands (about £40)|
The school provides a wide range of social activities. You can choose any according to what you want. I met so many wonderful friends and learned so much about life and other cultures”